Tonmeister: Graduate Jobs
Almost any course these days can probably claim at least one graduate who's gone on to do something vaguely interesting, be it working in a studio, or just happening to once bump into someone slightly famous.
But how many courses can show that their graduates gain employment with the best employers in the industry, year after year? And how many courses can show that the vast majority of their graduates gain meaningful employment in the audio industry, year after year?
Below is a list of what our graduates told us they were up to, within 6 months of graduating, for the last 6 years. As you can see, of those we know about, many go to work for leading employers, around 80% of them have found employment in the audio and music industries, and around 10% have gone onto further study.
- Aquarium Studios, Sound editor
- Arena Television, Junior sound engineer
- Fidessa, Data operations analyst
- Focusrite, R&D engineer
- Freelance, Broadcast sound engineer
- Freelance, Audio visual engineer
- Hanger Hill Audio, Recording engineer and Audio OB technical engineer
- Klever, PHP developer
- Lowkey Films, Producer
- Maestro Music UK, Production manager
- Monnow Valley Studios, Assistant engineer
- Richmond Film Services, Audio technician
- Royal Academy of Music, Audio visual engineer
- Solid State Logic, Systems and support engineer
- Spitfire Audio, Studio manager and project supervisor
- SSE Audio, Assistant engineer
- Yellow Technology, Audio consultant
- University of Glasgow, MSc
- University of Surrey, PhD
- Unknown: 7